Do you have a Cricut machine? Get my FREE Layered Butterfly Card SVG to make this awesome card!
Butterflies are a metaphor for transformation, change, and hope. I love butterflies — in case you have not seen my logo! The butterfly is especially symbolic right now considering how crazy things have been over the past couple of years. My family has gone through a lot of change. I know many others have as well.
With all of this change in the world, I thought it would be fitting to create a Layered Butterfly Card SVG to share with all of you. So I did! Check out my YouTube video below and learn how to make this cute card using your Cricut.
You can access my Layered Butterfly Card SVG (and every other SVG and project link I release) for free by signing up for my newsletter at the bottom of this page. Once subscribed you will receive the password to access my project links and files. I also will periodically send you a newsletter with updates on new tutorials, free SVG cut files, Cricut project links, and other printables.
Materials to Make Layered Butterfly Card
- Cardstock. You can use any brand or color of cardstock. Due to the detailed nature of the butterfly, I recommend using a cardstock with a weight of 80lbs or less. I used Neenah 80lb Classic Crest Cardstock for my card base. You also will need a layer of cardstock to place underneath the card base. For this layer, you can create an inked panel, or you can used some type of specialty paper (colored, pattern, glitter, etc.).
- Vinyl. You will need this for the sentiment. You can use any kind of vinyl. For this project I used Cricut Shimmer Vinyl.
- Cricut StandardGrip Mat.
- Cricut Deep-Point Blade. You can use a fine-point blade, but I prefer to use the deep-point blade when cutting cardstock.
- Cricut Scoring Stylus or Cricut Scoring Wheel. Note that the scoring wheel is only compatible with the Cricut Maker.
- Cricut Maker, Cricut Explore Air 2, or a similar cutting machine.
- Art Glitter Glue, Gina K Connect Glue, Double-Sided Crafting Tape, or a similar adhesive.
- My Layered Butterfly Card SVG. You can access this SVG (and every other SVG and project link I release) for free by signing up for my free newsletter at the bottom of this page. Once subscribed you will receive the password to access my files. I also will periodically send you a newsletter with updates on new tutorials, printables, project links, and other free SVG cut files.